We wouldn't be surprised if you know someone insured by RSA. Our Company has a combined experience in insurance of an amazing 450 years. Sun was founded in 1710, Alliance in 1824 and Royal in 1845. Our connections with Hong Kong go back over 150 years, and our links with China stretch back over a century.
Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc is a public company incorporated in the United Kingdom with limited liability. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the RSA Insurance Group plc. The registered office of its Hong Kong branch is located at 32/F Dorset House, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong. It is authorized to carry on general insurance business in or from Hong Kong under Part 3 of the First Schedule to the Insurance Companies Ordinance.
Facts & Figures
- RSA Insurance Group plc is a leading general insurer providing products and services in around 140 countries through a network of worldwide partners.
- In 2011, our global net written premiums amounted to £ 8.1 billion.
- We have a strong financial background, with an A+ rating from S&P.
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we have worldwide assets of over £ 22.6 billion.
- We are one of the first non-life insurers authorized to establish a subsidiary in China. At present, we have operations in Shanghai, Beijing and Jiangsu.
- Our Hong Kong office was established in 1973. In 2011 alone we wrote HK$681 million in premiums, making us one of the leading general insurers in Hong Kong.
- Our strategic relationships with local and foreign institutions enable us to serve them with total business insurance solutions. We are also closely connected to personal customers through intermediary services.